Dear Computer Lady,
I have tried to transfer my outlook over to another bigger computer (used) but much newer than mine. My problem I have not seen and that is how to remove the other persons name off of my computer. I really need this because when I email out his name is the one that comes up. I cannot ask the password to change this as the person that used this computer no longer works for us and he says he does not know.
Thank you for all of your information. It sure does help, Audrey
All you need to do is change the account settings in Outlook.
Here is how to do that.
1. Open Outlook 2007.
2. In the Menu Bar, click on “Tools” and then click on “Account Settings”.
3. In the Account Settings dialog box, make sure the “E-mail” tab is selected, click on the account name, and then click “Change”.
4. In the E-mail settings dialog box that opens, change any information that you need to change such as “Your Name:” and “E-mail Address:”
5. Click the “Next” button and then click the “Finish” button.
If you are using Outlook 2003 (Part of Office XP) you will need these directions.
1. Open Outlook 2003.
2. In the Menu Bar, click on “Tools” and then click on “E-mail Accounts…”
3. Click to select “View or change existing e-mail accounts” and then click on the “Next” button.
4. Click on your email account, and then click on the “Change…” button on the right.
5. In the E-mail Accounts dialog box, change any information that you need to change such as “Your Name:” or “E-mail Address”.
6. Click on the “Next” button and then on the “Finish” button.