Dear Computer Lady,
I am using hotmail for my mail program and then downloading my messages to Windows Live Mail.
I understand how you can download it to 2 computers if you are using Outlook, but how do you download you mail to 2 computers with Windows Live mail?
I plan to get another computer with Windows 7 And want my e-mail to be able to download to both computers
Windows Live Mail has options to leave the mail on the server just like Outlook does. Here are the directions.
1. Open Windows Live Mail.
2. Click on “Tools” in the menu bar, then click on “Accounts”.
3. In the Accounts dialog box, click on your email account (it needs to be set up already) then click on the “Properties” button on the right.
4. In the email account properties dialog box, click on the “Advanced” tab.
5. At the very bottom of the Advanced page, is a, “Delivery” section.
6. Click to put a check mark in front of “Leave a copy of messages on server”
7. I usually like to have them removed after a couple of days so that your server doesn’t get too full.
8. Click the “OK” button in the dialog box, then close the “Accounts” dialog box.
Repeat these steps on both computers, and you will be able to get all your emails on both computers.