Dear Computer Lady,
I have a Samsung computer which came with windows 7. It has Windows Live Mail which I never signed up for.
I have my email account with roadrunner.com.
My computer was getting bogged down and I realized all my emails from my roadrunner account are also going to Windows Live Mail.
Can I remove Windows Live mail without losing my roadrunner account or do I NEED Windows Live Mail in order for my roadrunner account to work?
If you are using RoadRunner’s online interface to access your email (on their website) then you don’t need Windows Live Mail.
You should be able to go to your Control panel and completely uninstall Windows Live Mail.
1. Click on the Start Orb, and then click on “Control Panel”.
2. Under “Programs” click on “Uninstall a Program”.
3. Find “Windows Live Essentials” in the list of installed programs.
4. Click once on “Windows Live Essentials” to select it, then click the “Uninstall/Change” button in the toolbar at the top of the window.
5. Click on “Remove one or more Windows Live Programs”.
6. Click to put a check mark in front of “Mail” and then click the “Uninstall” button at the bottom of the dialog box.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+