[ad]Dear Computer Lady,
How do I make a backup of my Windows Live Mail contacts?
The best way to save your contacts in Windows Live Mail is to export them to a text list and then save the text list on your backup media.
Since I don’t have WLM installed on my computer, I had to check on the Microsoft website for directions.
1. Open Windows Live Mail
2. In the lower-left corner of the window, click on “Contacts.
3. Click, “Export” on the ribbon at the top of the window.
4. Click to select .csv as the format for your export.
5. Click “Browse” and find a place to save your contacts, enter a name for the backup file, then click “Save”.
6. Click “Next” and click to select the information you want to save.
7. Click “Finish”.
Once you have created the backup file, you can save it with the rest of your backup.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+