Dear Computer Lady,
Been following you for many years and have this question.
I have Eudora as my email and if I’m in a site that I want to forward to my email,Windows Live mail program comes up.
I am running Windows 7 and never had this problem when I had Vista and XP.Is there a way to bypass this windows live mail and have my Eudora appear?
Thanks for all the useful info. that your news letter provides. A very helpful tool to have.
It has been a few years since I have used Eudora, so I decided to take another look at the program. So far, I have been delighted with how it works. For those of you who have never heard of Eudora, it is a free, open source, email program. I used it to access my gmail and it automatically downloaded all the folders and mail that I have stored there (great way to backup online email accounts) and any changes I made to messages in Eudora, were automatically made to my online Gmai account as well.
There is a way to have Eudora handle all the email requests on your computer, in fact, Windows 7 has made it easier to do than in previous versions of Windows.
Let’s get started.
1. From your Windows 7 desktop, click on the “Start Orb” and click on “Default Programs” on the right side of the start menu.
2. In the window that opens, click on “Set your default programs”.
3. A list of programs will appear in the left half of the window. Click on “Eudora” (or whatever program you want to handle your email)
4. The right side of your window will display a short description of Eudora, below the description is a button that says, “Set this program as default”
5. Click the “OK” button at the bottom of the window to save your changes and close the window.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.