[ad]Dear Computer Lady,
I have heard that I should change my email password from time to time. Since I have Gmail, I was wondering, How do I change my Gmail password?
It is a really good idea to change your email password occasionally, especially if you suspect that someone has been tampering with your account. Here is how to change your Gmail password:
1. Go to your Google accounts page at www.google.com/accounts and make sure you are signed into your account.
2. Across the top of the page, there is a list of tools, click on the, “Security” tool.
3. Click the, “Change Password” link.
4. Type your current password in the first box, then type your new password in the next two boxes.
5. Click the, “Change Password” button.
Make sure you have a nice secure password. I like to use a phrase, and in at least one of the words, I substitute numbers and symbols for some of the letters.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+