Dear Computer Lady,
The other day or week I accidentally blocked a person who had an email in my outbox. Afterwards, I tried looking at ways to retrieve him, but was unable. Can you help?
Although you didn’t say what email program you were using, your message came from a hotmail account, so I am going to guess that you are using the online hotmail (now called Outlook since Microsoft bought hotmail) interface.
Here is how you take an address out of your blocked senders list in Hotmail (outlook)
1. Log into your hotmail account.
2. In the upper-right corner of the window, next to your name is a small gear icon. Click on the gear.
3. In the drop down list, click on “Options”.
4. In the list of options, click on “Safe and blocked senders”.
5. Click on “Blocked senders”.
6. In the list of blocked senders on the right, click on the address you accidentally blocked, then click the “Remove from list” button.
7. Click on the “Outlook.com” button in the upper-left to go back to your email messages.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+