Dear Computer Lady,
I don’t know if you answer questions regarding facebook but I want to add my Maiden name so my old school chums can find me.
How do I do this?
Thank you for your help! Joy
It is actually fairly easy to change your Name in Facebook.
You should know, however, that Facebook only allows you to change your name a few times. This is to prevent fraud.
Here are the directions for changing your name:
1. Log into your Facebook Account.
2. Click on the small gear icon in the upper-right corner of your screen. It is located in the blue bar that has your current name, and the word, “Home”.
3. In the drop down menu, click on “Account Settings”.
4. In the line that has your name, click the word, “Edit” on the right.
5. Use the “Middle” name section to add your maiden name, and make sure the “Display As: section includes your maiden name.
6. Enter your facebook password, then click the “Save Changes” button to save the new name.