[ad]Dear Computer Lady,
How do I stop people from posting things on my Facebook page?
You can actually change one of the facebook settings to determine who can write on your facebook timeline. Here is how:
1. Log into your Facebook Account.
2. Click the drop down arrow in the left of the blue search bar, and click on “Settings” in the drop down list that appears.
3. In the left hand column, click on “Timeline and Tagging”.
4. In the main page, you will see a section that says, “Who can add things to my timeline?” There are two settings you can change here. Under “Who can post on your timeline?” you can select either “Friends” or, “Only Me”.
5. The next settings allows you to review posts in which friends tag you and decide if you want them to show up on your timeline or not. You can turn that setting either off or on.
Your settings will take effect as soon as you make them and click “Close” to the right of your selection , and you can go back and change them at any time.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+