Dear Computer Lady,
I so enjoy all your computer issues.
I recently bought a new HP Laptop that has a Microsoft Windows 7 program on it.
None of the Microsoft games that we have had on all the previous Microsoft Windows programs like Windows XP, Vista, etc. are on it, at least I have not been able to find them, like Hearts, Solitaire, Spider Solitare, etc.
Do you know if they are on it somewhere?
Thanks for letting me know, Eva
Windows 7 does come with games. How many games your Windows 7 computer has depends on what version you have on your laptop.
You should be able to find your games in two places on the start menu.
First, there is a games folder on the right side of the start menu. Just click on the “Start Orb” and click on “Games” on the right side of the start menu.
Secondly, there is another games folder in your programs section of the start menu. Just click on the “Start Orb”, then click on “All Programs” and scroll down until you find the Games folder.
If you don’t have games like Hearts and solitare in those two locations, it is possible that the games have been turned off. Here are directions for how to turn them back on.
1. Click on the “Start button”, then click on “Control Panel” in the right column.
2. In the Control Panel window, click on the word, “Programs”.
3. IN the “Programs and Features” section, click on “Turn Windows features on or off”
4. A small window will open. It might take a few seconds for all the available features to load. When it does, find the “Games” section and click the small plus sign to the left of the word, “Games”.
5. Click the small box to put a check mark in front of the games you want to turn on, and click the “OK” button at the bottom of the window.
It might take a few minutes for Windows to install the games you have selected, but when it is finished, you should be able to find them in the two locations I listed at the beginning of this article.