Faded Keyboard Letters

Dear Computer Lady,

A good friend has a laptop where she no longer can see the white that identifies each key.

If you look straight down at the keys, you can identify the key as a j or d etc. But looking from the side because the white it gone, she can’t see what each letter stands for. I guess the oil from her hands has washed away the white part.

Do you know of some material that can fill in the lettering? Because it is a laptop, she just can’t buy a new keyboard.

Thanks for you help, George

Dear George,

I don’t know of any material that can fill in the lettering, but you could always write on the keys with a marker.

You can also purchase stick on letters for her keyboard. I found plenty of choices on Amazon.com and I’m sure you can find them in your local office supply store as well.



It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.

Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with


Previous Post

The Easiest Way To Burn DVDs

Next Post

How To Listen To Random Songs