Dear Computer Lady,
I have windows 7 pc 64 bit
I want to extend the active time so I can listen to radio programs on my computer or webinars without my computer going to sleep.
Thank you, Andrea
All you need to do is change the power options. Here is how:
1. Click on the “Start Orb”.
2. Click on “Control Panel” in the start menu.
3. In the Control Panel, click on “Hardware and Sound.
4. Click on “Power Options”.
5. IN the Power Options window, you will see one or more power plans. You will want to make changes to the plan that is selected.
6. Click “Change Plan Settings” for your selected power plan.
7. If your computer is a laptop, you will see settings for when the computer is running on the battery, and for when it is plugged in. If you are running a desktop, you will only have one column.
8. Where it says, “Put the computer to sleep:” click the drop down list and select one of the longer times. You can set the computer to go to sleep anywhere from one to 5 hours, or you can choose to never have it go to sleep.
9. Click the “Save Changes” button.
That’s all there is to it!
I hope this helps you listen to the radio without interruptions.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.