Dear Computer Lady,
Thanks for this site.
My question is I just bought a new laptop, HP, and have an HP printer that is not connected to this computer.
I have no idea where my disc is.
How do I connect up the two?
There is a good chance that you won’t have to do anything, just plug the printer USB cable into the new laptop and see if it will automatically recognize and set up the printer.
If it doesn’t, you can go to HP’s website, find your printer and download drivers for your new laptop. I will give you an example.
I have an HP PSC 1500 series printer, which I will use for my example.
1. Go to the HP website at www.hp.com
2. Click on “Support & Drivers”.
3. Select “Download drivers and software” under Step 1.
4. Type in PSC 1500 in the Product name/number box under step 2, and click “Go”.
5. My search results give me several options for my printer, click on the correct option.
6. On the next screen, there is a box for you to select your operating system, click the drop-down list and click on your operating system.
7. Click the “Next” button.
8. From here, you will have the option to either download the software for your printer, or order it on a CD.