Dear Computer Lady,
When type I have hold down each key for awhile. how do I correct this problem?
First, you would have to determine the cause of your keyboard problem. It is possible that this is a physical problem with the keyboard, and you will only be able to fix it by replacing the keyboard. If you are using a desktop, this is a quick, easy, and fairly inexpensive solution. If you are using a laptop, you might want to try an external, usb keyboard, since replacing the laptop keyboard will probably involve returning the laptop to the factory.
Before you replace the keyboard though, you might want to visit the keyboard section of your control Panel and see if someone has changed the settings there.
You did not tell me what version of Windows you are using but in Windows 7, this is what you would do.
1. Click on “Start” and then click on “Control Panel”.
2. In the Control Panel window, click on “Ease of Access”.
3. Under Ease of Access Center, click on “Change how your keyboard works”.
4. At the very bottom of the window, click on “Keyboard settings”.
5. In the Keyboard Properties window, make sure the “Speed” tab is selected.
6 In the Character repeat section, you can move the sliders to make the repeat delay shorter or longer. Move the sliders and see if it makes a difference with your problem.