Dear Computer Lady,
Thank you so much for your work and newsletter – it helps more than you can know – even with all the thank yous you’ve received!
My question is: I’ve just purchased a new Toshiba laptop (w/WIN 7) to replace my trusty almost 7 y/o Toshiba laptop (had the blue screen of death – oh no!).
Anyway when I unplug my new laptop after the battery is fully charged, the monitor fades enough to be bothersome. But I can’t find a way to increase the back light to the same level as when it’s plugged in.
Please advise and thank you again! CAE
The settings you need to change to fix your problem are listed under the power settings of your computer. Here is how to change them.
1. Click on “Start” then click on “Control Panel”.
2. Click on “Hardware and Sound”.
3. Click on “Power Options”.
4. Click the blue words that say, Change Plan Settings.
5. In the column that says, “On Battery” find the line that says, “Dim the Display” and change the time to “Never”.
6. At the bottom of that column is a slider for screen brightness. Drag the slider to the right to make the screen brighter.
7. Click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the window to save your changes, then close the window.