Dear Computer Lady,
I have a Chromebook…MSN …Outlook Live
I’m 81..my grandson who helps solve my problems is extremely busy at this time, and I could sure use your help.
1. My drop down tool bar disappeared. I read your
other instructions re fixing this. It suggested I restore
my original Chrome settings…and I’m afraid I’ll lose
things I’ve added.
2. I no longer have the wrench to click on to fix things…
3. My home page changed one day from my msn outlook to
my gmail account (which I don’t use) sign in ..and I haven’t
been able to fix that
My computer is my “life” in this old age…and I hate this frustration.
Thank you for any help you can give me. Roberta
I believe your first two questions are related. Google has changed the chrome icon for tools from the wrench that you are looking for to a stack of three dots.
If you look in the upper-right corner of your Chrome window, you will see a set of three vertically stacked dots. Click on that icon to access your menus and tools.
For your third problem, once you can access the settings menu, you can use the following directions to set your home page to anything you want:
1. Open Chrome and click on the three dots in the upper-right corner.
2. Click on “Settings” in the menu.
3. In the settings page, locate the “On Startup” section and click to select, “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
4. Click “Set Pages” and either type in the URL of the page you want to be your home page, or click “Use Current Pages” if you already have the desired home page open.
5. Click “OK” to save your changes and close the dialog box.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Join The Family
become a patron today
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+