Dear Computer Lady,
How do I UNINSTALL MEEBO?
I had not heard of Meebo, so I did a little bit of looking around, and it appears that Meebo is a toolbar that installs as an add-on to your browser and then displays advertisements.
I found a lot of people on the internet who wanted to get rid of this toolbar.
Since Meebo is an ad-on to your web browser, and not a complete program, you can’t get rid of it in the Control Panel like you can most other programs.
Instead, you must open your web browser and remove meebo in the add-on settings.
You didn’t mention what web browser you are using, so I will give you directions for some of the most common ones.
If you are using Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click on the “Tools” icon. It looks like a small gear located just under the red X that you click to close the window.
3. In the drop down menu under “Tools” click on “Manage Add-ons”.
4. Make sure you have “Toolbars and Extensions” highlighted on the left and scroll down the list of add-ons until you find Meebo.
5. When you find Meebo, click on it once, then click the “Disable” button in the lower right corner of the dialog box.
If you are using Google Chrome:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click on the “Customize” icon. It looks like a small wrench located just under the red X that you click to close the window.
3. Point to “Tools” in the menu, then click on “Extensions”.
4. Find Meebo in the list of extensions, and click the “Uninstall” link below it.
If you are using Firefox:
1. Open Firefox.
2. Click on “Tools” in the menu bar, then click on “Add-ons.
3. Look through the list of either “Extensions” or “Plugins” to find Meebo, then click the “Disable” button to turn it off.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.