Dear Computer Lady,
I have a laptop with vista.
How do I delete a bookmarked site?
A bookmark is simply a shortcut to a website that you can create in your web browser to make it easier to return to that website in the future.
I was going to assume that you are using Internet Explorer (IE) as your web browser, but IE does not call them bookmarks, instead it calls them “Favorites”.
Both Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome call them bookmarks, so I am guessing you are using one of those browsers.
Before I start with directions of how to remove a bookmark, I just want to clarify one thing. You can delete a bookmark that you made to a site, but you can’t delete the site itself. It will still be out there on the internet until the owner takes it down.
To remove a bookmark in Google Chrome:
1. Open Chrome
2. Click on the small wrench icon in the upper-right corner of the window.
3. Point to, “Bookmarks” in the drop down menu.
4. Click on “Bookmark Manager” in the sub-menu.
5. Your bookmarks will be displayed in the browser window. Right-click on a bookmark and click “Delete” in the context menu that appears.
To Remove a bookmark in Mozilla FireFox:
1. Open Firefox.
2. Click on the small star icon in the upper-right corner of the window.
3. Click “Show All Bookmarks” in the drop down menu.
4. Find your bookmark, and right click on it.
5. Click “Delete” in the context menu.
To Remove a Favorite in Internet Explorer:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click on the small star icon in the upper-right corner of the window. It is located between a house and gear icon.
3. Click on the “Favorites” tab in the dialog box that appears.
4. Right click on any favorite, and click “Delete” in the context menu.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.