Dear Computer Lady,
I was using windows explorer 7 and saw the ad for windows explorer 9 and it said it is faster and has more features.
Since downloading it , my computer is slower and I see less features. Is there anyway to delete explorer 9 and revert back to explorer 7?
Thank you, Donna
Microsoft just came out with Internet Explorer 9 (this is the program I am guessing you are talking about even though you wrote “windows explorer”) and I have not installed it yet. I did a little bit of looking around on the Microsoft web site though, and found the directions for removing Internet Explorer 9.
I have listed the steps below:
You can remove Internet Explorer 9 using the following steps.
1. Close all programs. (If you have any open)
2. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
3. Click Uninstall a Program under the Programs category
4. In the Tasks pane (the blue column on the left), click View installed updates.
5. In the list of installed updates, double-click Windows Internet Explorer 9.
6. In the Uninstall an update dialog box, click Yes.
Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
7. Follow the instructions to uninstall Internet Explorer 9.
8. When the uninstall program is finished, restart your computer.
9. After you restart your computer, open Internet Explorer.
10. Click About Internet Explorer on the Help menu. If Internet Explorer 7 or 8 appears in the About Internet Explorer dialog box, then you have successfully completed the uninstall.
I hope this helps you get everything back to normal.