Dear Computer Lady,
I have firefox 11. (the newest version)
I used to be able to ‘send a link’, but it no longer works.
I like to send web sites of interest to me to save for future reference.
I see from your email address that you are using Gmail. That is probably part of the problem, but in order to figure it out, I guess it is time to install Firefox 11 on my computer.
The first thing I noticed is that the menu bar starts out hidden. Fortunately, all I had to do is tap the “Alt” key on my keyboard to display the menu bar.
Once I could see the menu bar, I was able to click on “File” and then “Send Link”.
Because I had been using Google Chrome as my default browser, a new email automatically opened up in Chrome with the link in the body of the message.
I looked around in Firefox, and made the following change, which then resulted in it working correctly:
1. Tap the “Alt” key on your keyboard to display the menu bar.
2. Click on “Tools” and then “Options” in the menu bar.
3. Click on the “Applications” button at the top of the Options dialog box.
4. Find “mailto” in the list on the left, and select “Use Gmail” in the drop down list on the right.
5. Click “OK” to close the dialog box and save your changes.
Now, when I click on “File” and “Send Link”, a new email message opens up in Gmail and a link to the website I was on is in the body of the message.
Hopefully, this will work for you as well.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.