Dear Computer Lady,
I didn’t do anything that I know of, but I can’t see my toolbar in Google, with “Favorites,” etc. and the space to type in URLs.
How do I get a “normal” view with these visible?
Thanks for your help, Marianne
I am going to assume that you are using Internet Explorer to view Google, so these directions will be for IE.
- Open Internet Explorer and tap the “Alt” key on your keyboard to display the menu bar.
- In the Menu bar, click on “View” and point to “Toolbars”
- In the submenu under “Toolbars” click on “Favorites” to display the Favorites bar.
- Repeat the steps above for each toolbar that you want to turn on.
- If you want to turn a toolbar back off, just follow the same steps that you used to turn it on.
I didn’t see any options for turning on and off the address bar (the space where you type in URLs) in Internet Explorer, but Mozilla Firefox does have that option. Here are the directions for Firefox.
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- In the Menu Bar, click on “View” and point to “Toolbars”.
- In the submenu under Toolbars, click on “Navigation Bar” to turn it on (or off if it is already on).
- Repeat the directions to reverse the action.
Hopefully, this will fix your problems with your web browser.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+