[ad]Dear Computer Lady,
I used to be able to download pictures from Facebook, but now when I try to download, I get a message saying that my security settings will not allow the file to be downloaded.
How can I fix this and once again be able to download pictures?
If you are using Internet Explorer, perhaps your security settings have been changed. Here is how to set them back:
1. Open Internet Explorer and click on “Tools” and “Options”
2. In the Internet Options window, click on the “security” tab, and select the “Internet” zone.
3. Click on the “Custom Level” button and scroll down to the “Downloads” section.
4. Click to enable File downloads.
5. Click the “OK” button twice to save your changes and close the dialog boxes.
6. Restart your computer and check to see if you can now save your pictures.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+