Have enjoyed your newsletter for a few years now while learning about computers. Being a senior citizen learning new things aren’t always easy. I recently purchased a new computer with Windows 7 on it. I do believe windows 7 is easier to work with than Vista but am having trouble locating how to turn off this window that appears every time I start my computer. It wants me to sign into windows live messenger. I’ve looked everywhere but the right place I’m sure. Please help how do I disable that so it isn’t on my desktop every time I start my computer.
Thanks so much.
Nancy in Arizona
The secret to stopping this program is actually in the program itself.
Next time you start your computer, and the messenger program appears, just follow these directions:
1. Click on “Tools” in the menu bar of the Messenger window.
2. Under “Tools” click on “Options”.
3. An Options window will open. Click on the “General” tab located on the left.
4. Find the setting that says, “Automatically run Messenger when I log on to Windows” and click to remove the check mark from the check box.
5. Click the “OK” button to save your changes and close the dialog box.