Dear Computer Lady,
Been a fan of yours for years!
I cannot find the cookies file in Vista. I used to clean out my cookies once a week with my old computer to keep it fast.
Thank you, Rose in Ohio
In Vista the cookies are grouped together with the Temporary Internet Files. Here is how you can both view them, and delete them:
1. Open Internet Explorer. Click on the “Tools” button, then click on “Internet Options”. If you can’t easily locate the tools button, press the “Alt” key on your keyboard and the menu bar will appear with “tools” in the menu.
2. In the Internet Options window, make sure you have the “General” tab selected, and look at the section entitled “Browsing history”.
3. In the Browsing history section, click on the “Settings” button and in the window that appears, click on the “View Files” button. This will open a window where you can view both your cookies and other temporary files. Close that window when you are done looking at your files.
4. Close the “Temporary Internet Files and History Settings window, to go back to the Internet Options window.
5. Once back in the Internet Options window, look once again at the “Browsing History” section and this time click on the “Delete…” button. This will open the “Delete Browsing History” window.
6. In the Delete Browsing History window, click on the “Delete Cookies” button to clean out all your cookies.