Dear Computer Lady,
I have done something which has made the pages on websites appear too wide for my screen, making it so I need to scroll over to read what is on the right-hand side of each page.
Can you help me to get the page smaller, so that it fits my computer screen?
Thank you so much, Linda
There are a couple of things I can think of, that you might have done to make this change.
If the only thing that has changed is web pages, then you probably adjusted the view on your web browser.
If you have changed the size of everything on your computer, including the desktop icons, and start menu, then you probably changed the screen resolution.
To change the view on your web browser (if you are using Internet Explorer) simply follow these instructions:
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Tap the “Alt” key on your keyboard to display the menu bar at the top of your IE Window.
3. In the menu bar, click on “View”, and point to “Zoom”.
4. A sub-menu will be displayed under Zoom. Click on one of the settings to change your view. I would start with “100%” and see if that makes a change on your web page.
If you are using Google Chrome, you can change the view this way:
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Click on the small wrench icon in the upper- right corner of the window.
3. In the “Zoom” section of the menu, click the minus button to reduce the size of the page.
Here is an article on changing the resolution in Windows XP & Vista (Windows 7 works the same as Vista)
Hopefully, one of these solutions will fix your problem.