[ad]Dear Computer Lady,
Can I clear selected cookies and history on my ipad, so I don’t lose my login passwords.
You can clear the history on your iPad without losing login passwords, but clearing the cookies and Data would also remove your login information. There does not appear to be any way to customize this.
Here is how to clear the cookies, data, and history on your iPad:
1. On your iPad, go to your home screen and tap on the, “Settings” icon.
2. In the left column, tap on, “Safari”.
3. On the right side of the screen scroll down to the, “Clear History” setting and tap on it.
4. Read the warning that pops up, then if you wish to continue, tap the, “Clear” button.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 with the, “Clear Cookies and Data” setting.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+