Dear Computer Lady,
I have been getting notices on my iPad that I need to do an update.
Should I update it?
How do I do the update?
Yes, you should do the update. You don’t have to update right away, you can wait a while if you want, but eventually all your apps will be made to work with IOS7, and it will be a better experience for you.
Here is what I did before updating.
First, I closed all my open apps:
1. Double tap on the home button to display the bottom row of running apps.
2. Hold your finger down on one of the app icons until they begin to jiggle and a small red circle appears in the upper-left corner of each icon.
3. Tap that small red circle for each icon and it will disappear as the app is closed.
4. Repeat for all your running apps.
After I closed my running apps, I restarted my iPad:
1. Press and hold the power button on the top of the iPad until you see a message that says, “Slide to power off”.
2. Swipe your finger on the slider to power off your iPad and wait.
3. Once the iPad has powered off, wait a few seconds and hold in the power button again.
4. When the apple logo appears, release the power button and wait for the IOS to finish loading.
Lastly, I did the actual update. This can take about 30 minutes, so make sure you have time to do the update.
1. Tap the home button to go to your home screen.
2. Tap the “Settings” icon.
3. Tap “Software Update”, and then tap “Install Now”.
Have fun exploring the new features of IOS7!
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Join The Family
become a patron today
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+