Dear Computer Lady,
Good morning and thank you for sharing your knowledge with us. I have read your Q&A section and learned and shared so much over the years.
Could you please tell me more about how to water mark photos?
Thank you, Cathy
All you need is a program that will add a watermark to your photos for you. There are many programs that can do this, but I use a small, free program called Irfanview at:
Here are the directions.
1. Open Irfanview and open the photo that you want to add a watermark to.
2. With your mouse, draw a box on the picture where you want your watermark to appear.
3. Click on “Edit” in the menu bar, then click on “Insert Text…”
4. Type the desired text in the text box, select other settings as desired (you will probably want to increase the font size, and make the text semi transparent.
5. Click on the “Preview” button to test, then when you are happy with the results, click the “OK” button to save your changes.
If you are going to use a watermark often, you can create an image of your watermark and just use the watermark image option in the Edit menu.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Join The Family
become a patron today
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+