[ad]Dear Computer Lady,
When people send me PDF files, sometimes when I try to open them, they are blank. I know that the person who sent it to me can view the contents, why can’t I?
It sounds like files that you can’t open were made in a newer version of Adobe Acrobat and you are trying to view them in an older version. Updating Adobe Acrobat Reader should fix the problem for you. Here is how:
1. Open your web browser and go to www.adobe.com (Do Not go to a search engine and search for Adobe, you will end up getting a site that will fill your computer with Malware)
2. On the Adobe Website, click the link that says, “Menu” in the upper-right corner of the page.
3. On the bottom of the menu page, click on the link that says, “Acrobat Reader DC”.
4. The Adobe website will try to detect the version of Windows you are using, and the language. If it doesn’t detect it, you will be able to pick them from a list.
5. If you don’t want to install McAfee security Scan, be sure to click and remove the check mark from the optional offer.
6. Click the big, yellow, “Install Now” button.
7. Download the file, then double click on the downloaded file to install it.
That’s all you need to do to get the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You should now be able to open and view all your PDF files.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+