Dear Computer Lady,
In Outlook 2010 how do I get the email notification to stay on my desktop longer than 30 seconds?
Actually to have it stay on until I read the email would be great!
Thanks for your help, Guy
It appears that 30 seconds is the longest you can set the desktop alert to display on your desktop.
You can change your settings and see for yourself with these directions:
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2010 and click on the “File” tab in the upper-left corner of the window.
2. Click on “Options” under the File tab.
3. Click on “Mail” in the left column of the Outlook Options window.
4. Scroll down to the “Message arrival” section, and make sure there is a check mark in front of, “Display a desktop Alert”.
5. Click on the “Desktop Alert Settings” button.
6. Move the sliders to adjust how long the desktop alert is displayed, and how transparent it should be.
7. Click the “OK” button to close the dialog box and save your changes.
8. Click “OK” in the Outlook Options window as well.