Dear Computer Lady,
My Windows recycle bin has disappeared.
Entering Recycle or Recycle Bin in the Start search box doesn’t help. Nor can I find it in Control Panel or Desk Top.
Thanks. Regards, Mary
In the Control Panel, there is a dialog box that allows you to turn on and off several common desktop icons. Your Recycle Bin icon must have somehow been turned off.
Here is how to turn it back on:
- Click on the “Start Orb”.
- Click on “Control Panel”.
- Click on “Appearance and Personalization”.
- Click on “Personalization”.
- In the left column, click on “Change desktop icons”.
- The, Desktop Icon Settings, dialog box will open. Click to put a check mark in front of “Recycle Bin” and click the “OK” button.
- Your Recycle Bin should now be back on your desktop.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.