Dear Computer Lady,
How do I remove the password from my Windows 10 computer if I am using a local account instead of a Microsoft account?
If you have a local account on your Windows 10 computer instead of a login that is tied to your Microsoft account, it is fairly simple to remove the password. Just follow these directions:
1. Click on the start button, then click on the “Settings” icon. It looks like a little gear and is located just above the power icon.
2. In the settings window, click on “Accounts”.
3. In the left column, click on “Sign-in Options”
4. Click the “Change” button under, Password.
5. You will need to type your current password and click, “Next”.
6. Leave the spaces for, a new password, and password hint blank and click “Next.
7. Click the “Finish” button to save your changes and close the dialog box.
Now when you go to login to Windows, you should be able to just press the “Enter” key on your keyboard and get right in.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Join The Family
become a patron today
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+