Dear Computer Lady:
My main page with Mozilla or Firefox has been corrupted by a background picture of the musician Bob Marley–drives my husband and I bananas to have it overrun all our divisions with the surreal background.
We have tried to erase the picture to no avail.
Can you make any suggestions? it would be greatly appreciated.
It sounds like you have a skin installed in your firefox browser. I decided to install a skin on my browser in order to find out how to then get rid of it. I found plenty of skins to choose from after searching for “firefox skins” at Google, and I installed one.
Once I had the skin installed, I then could figure out how to remove it.
1. In Firefox, click on “Tools” in the menu bar.
2. In the drop down menu, click on Add-ons.
3. In the Add-ons dialog box, click on the “Themes” icon.
4. You will see a list of your installed themes, click on the unwanted theme, and then click on the “Uninstall” button.
5. Click “Uninstall” in the second dialog box and your Firefox window will return to normal.