Dear Computer Lady,
How do I switch my Windows 10 login from a Microsoft account to a local account?
To switch your Windows 10 login from a Microsoft account (which allows you to sync files and settings between computers) just follow these directions:
1. Click on the start button, then click on the “Settings” icon. It looks like a little gear and is located just above the power icon.
2. In the settings window, click on “Accounts”.
3. Under your account information, click the link that says, “Sign in with a local account instead”.
4. You will need to type your password and click, “Next”
5. Fill in the spaces for a user name and password if you want a password.
6. Click “Next”, then click “Sign out and Finish”.
Your computer will restart and you will need to log in with the new information you just entered.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Join The Family
become a patron today
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+