Dear Computer Lady,
I just found your website and am loving it. It is so informative.
My problem is not serious as computer problems go.
I have windows 10. My question is how do I keep my computer desktop on all the time. It seems if I am not touching the mouse, it is like it is in sleep mode.
Thank you, Wanda
All you need to do is adjust the power settings. Here is how:
1. Click on the start button.
2. In the start menu, click on the small gear icon. It is located just above the power icon that you use to shut down the computer.
3. A “Windows Settings” page will open. Click on “System”.
4. In the left column, click on “Power & Sleep”.
5. Click the drop-down list and select the amount of time desired before the screen goes to sleep. You can select “never” if you want.
6. Click the second drop-down list to select the desired amount of time before the computer goes into sleep mode.
If the above steps don’t fix your problem, you can click on the link under “Related Settings” that says, “Additional power settings”. This will take you to the power settings in the Control Panel which you can change as well.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Join The Family
become a patron today
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+