Dear Computer Lady,
I have a question for you.
I now use windows 10 primarily at home on the desktops.
I would like to know if it is possible to disable requiring the retyping of the passcode every few minutes! Is really annoying when step away to do a supportive task and have to reopen! This is not a portable or travel machine, so is it really necessary? I can understand when powering up. Seems somewhat overkill to me. I have searched how to stop to no avail.
Thanks in advance, Neta
Sounds like all you need to do is adjust your sign in options, here is how:
1. Click on the start flag and click on the “Settings” icon. It looks like a little gear just above the power icon.
2. In the, “Windows Settings” window, click on, “Accounts”.
3. Look in the left hand column for, “Sign in options” and click on it.
4. The very first option should have the heading, “Require sign-in” and under that is a drop down list. Click on the list and click to select, “Never”
5. Close the window. Now, your computer will require a password when you start it up, but not when you wake it from sleep.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Join The Family
become a patron today
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+