Dear Computer Lady,
I have an Acer laptop that is running Windows 7.
I like to take pictures, and then use them for my desktop background. My problem is that I can’t see the whole picture because it is too big to fit my desktop. Can you help me fix this problem?
Today’s digital cameras are great, they can take pictures with incredible detail.
When you put one of those pictures on your computer as a desktop background, the picture is actually quite a bit larger than your screen and the result is that you don’t get to see the entire image.
The good news is that you can change one simple setting and be able to see your entire picture, here is how.
1. Right click on a blank spot on your desktop, and click on “Personalize” in the context menu that appears.
2. Click on the words, “Desktop Background” in the bottom row of the dialog box.
3. Find the “Picture Position” setting and click on the arrow on the drop down box.
4. Click on “Fit” and then click the “Save Changes” button.
5. Your picture will now be resized to fit in the desktop.