Dear Computer Lady,
I love your newsletters,tips and also your Windows 7 lessons.
I have a question,How do I add Notepad to the ‘Send To’ Right-Click Windows Menu.
I use Windows 7.
Thanks so much, Morley
You can add many things to the “Send To” menu in Windows 7. Here is how:
1. Click on “Start” and type the following in the search box:
I would suggest that you copy the text above and paste it into the search box.
2. Once the text is in the search box, press the “enter” key on your keyboard.
3. A window will open with shortcuts to the items that are already in your “SendTo” menu.
4. Keep this window open, and go back to your start menu. Click on “Start”, then, “All Programs” and “Accessories”.
5. You will see a link to Notepad. Using your RIGHT mouse button, drag the Notepad shortcut to the open “SendTo” window.
6. When you release the right mouse button, a context menu will appear. Click on “Copy Here”.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+