Dear Computer Lady,
How do you delete a user from Windows 7?
Adding and removing user accounts from Windows 7 is a fairly easy procedure. Before we get started, here are a few things you should know.
You can’t delete a user account if you are logged into that account, you must log off that user account, and be logged in under another user account.
You must be logged in under an administrator account in order to remove another user account.
You must have at least one administrator account.
Let’s get started removing a user.
1. In Windows 7, click on “Start”, then click on “Control Panel”.
2. In the Control Panel window, find the section that says, “User Accounts and Family Safety” and click on “Add or Remove user accounts”.
3. In the next window, click on the name of the account you want to remove, and click “Delete the Account” on the left.
4. You will have the option to keep the files that were associated with that account, or delete them. These would be the documents, pictures, etc.. Click to either delete the files or keep the files.
5. In the next window, click on the “Delete Account” button, and close the control panel window.