Dear Computer Lady,
I recently downloaded Irfanview after reading about it in your newsletter.
I think I like it, but, would prefer it to NOT be my default picture program.
Can I make Windows Photo Gallery my Default picture program again and just bring up Irfanview when I want to use it?
Thank you, (and thank you for all you share with us), Cheryl
You certainly can. Since you didn’t specify which version of Windows you are using, I am going to give you directions for Windows 7.
1. Click on the Start Orb, then click on “Control Panel”.
2. In the Control Panel, click on “Programs”, then click on “Default Programs”.
3. Click “Set your default programs”, and wait for the list of programs to load.
4. Click to select “Windows Photo Gallery” from the list on the left, then click “Set this program as default” on the right side.
5. Click the “OK” button in the lower-right corner of the window to save your changes and close the window.
Now you images will once again open in Windows Photo Gallery.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+