Dear Computer Lady,
I think I accidently deleted my recycle bin from the desktop!!!
I was trying to delete the items in the bin, however, I must have clicked on “Delete the Recycle Bin”. It did ask me if I wanted to delete and of course I wasn’t paying attention and hit “OK”.
Where do you think It went? Can I retrieve it?
I have looked thru all the programs and can’t find it to restore!!!
I tried to delete a picture from the picture gallery and it went somewhere???
Do you have any suggestions on how to find or retrieve my Recycle Bin? I am using a media laptop computer.
Elderly lady in New York State, Gerry
After reading your question, I tried to delete my recycle bin, but was not able to.
As long as your computer is working correctly, I can show you how to put the Recycle Bin icon back on your desktop.
If you are using Windows Vista or Windows 7, follow these directions:
1. Right click on a blank spot on your desktop, and then click on “Personalize”
2. On the left side of the window, click on “Change Desktop Icons”.
3. In the dialog box that appears, click in the small box in front of “Recycle bin” to place a check mark in the box.
4. Click the “OK” button at the bottom of the window to close the dialog box and save your changes.
If you are using Windows XP, follow these directions:
1. Click on the “Start” button, point to “All Programs” point to “Accessories” and then click on “Windows Explorer”.
2. In the Windows Explorer window, find the “Recycle Bin” in the left hand column.
3. Make sure your window is not maximized so that you can also see part of your desktop.
4. With your mouse, drag the “Recycle Bin” from the window to your desktop.
5. This will create a shortcut to your recycle bin on your desktop.