Dear Computer Lady,
I have a HP laptop. In the bottom right hand corner is the time.. It never is right. I go to control panel, set the time, click on apply then OK, and it is the right time, but then it runs 2 hours behind time. Can you help?
Thank you, Barb
It sounds like you have your computer set in the wrong time zone. This is a fairly common problem, since it is fairly easy to set the time, but setting the time zone is a bit more hidden. Here is how to fix the problem.
In Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click once on the time in the lower, right-hand corner of your screen. A small window will appear with a clock and calendar.
2. At the bottom of the small window is a link that says, “Change date and time settings…” click on that link.
3. The Date and Time dialog box will open. In the lower half of the window, it will tell you what time zone you are currently set for. If it is not correct, click on the “Change time zone…” button.
4. Click the drop down list and click on your correct time zone to select it.
5. Click the “OK” button to close the small dialog box and save your changes, then click the “OK” button in the Date and Time dialog box.