Dear Computer Lady,
Just got Windows 7.
Is there something written so that I might read the “how to” when I have a question? Of course I would like to have it free, or without very little cost.
I don’t see “help” on this computer.
Windows does come with a built in “how to” that you can read like a manual, and search when you have questions. Here is how you access it.
1. Click on “Start”, then click on “Help and Support” in the lower-right portion of the start menu.
2. The Help & Support window will open.
3. There is a search box at the top of the Help & Support window where you can search for answers to your questions.
4. There is also a menu that allows you to select from the following options.
a. Learn how to get started with your computer.
b. Learn about Windows Basics.
c. Browse the help topics.
5. I would suggest that you start with “Learn about Windows Basics” to start learning about Windows 7.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+