[ad]Dear Computer Lady,
I just read the latest newsletter and am now concerned about the new Windows 10. I signed up for it and now want to not get it after all. I have a Dell Computer with Windows 7 Professional.
Could you tell me how to not get it?
Thank You, Connie
There is a way to cancel your reservation for Windows 10 if you change your mind.
1. Just right click on the white windows icon in your system tray.
2. Click on “Check your upgrade status”.
3. Click the menu icon in the upper-left corner of the window.
4. Click “View Confirmation”
5. Click the blue words, “Cancel Reservation”.
Before you cancel the reservation, I should point out that this reservation is only for downloading the large Windows 10 installation files. It will NOT be automatically installed, you will have to start the upgrade yourself.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+