[ad]Dear Computer Lady,
I am using Windows 7. So many of my desktop icons look the same, to your convenience, would you give me the step-by-step on how to change the ‘picture’ of some of them?
My prayers are with you and my many, many thanks for all the knowledge you share. You’re the best.
thank you, Damser
You can actually change the image for your shortcut icons using the right-click menu. Here is how.
1. Right click on the shortcut icon that you want to change, and select, “Properties” in the context menu.
2. Click to select the, “Shortcut” tab.
3. Click the button that says, “Change Icon…”
4. Scroll through the list of available icons and select one.
5. Click “OK” twice to close the dialog boxes and save your changes.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+