Dear Computer Lady,
I enjoy learning from someone who is easy to understand.
I want to have all my spreadsheets open thru my Excel program, rather than the Open Office program that I used for awhile.
Is there some setting I can choose? Not knowledgeable in that area.
Thank you, Rhonda
There is a setting you can choose, here is how:
1. Right-click on your start button
2. Click on Control Panel
3. Click on “Default Programs” (You might have to click on “Programs” first, depending on your setup)
4. Click on “Set your default programs”.
5. You will see a list of programs in the left column. Find “Excel” in this list and click on it.
6. Click “Set this program as default”
7. Click the “OK” button in the lower-right corner of the window.
You didn’t specify what version of Windows you are using, but this method will work in Windows 7, 8 and 10.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+