[ad]Hello Computer Lady-
I have tried Windows 10 and don’t like it. I want to stay with Windows 7 Professional.
Is there a way to remove the Icon in the tray that is constantly asking me to install Windows 10 ?
Thanks for your very interesting weekly E-Mails, I look forward to each one. Harlan
The prompt to upgrade to Windows 10 is actually the result of windows update, KB3035583. All you have to do to remove it, is uninstall the update.
Here is how:
1. Open the Control Panel. You can either click on “Start” and “Control Panel”, or click on Start and search for the Control Panel.
2. Under “Programs” in the control Panel, click “Uninstall A Program”.
3. In the left column, click on “View Installed Updates”
4. In the list of updates, find the update named, KB3035583 you can use the search box in the upper-right corner of the window to make it easier.
5. Click on the update, then click, “Uninstall” to remove the update. Your computer will need to restart to finish the removal.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+