Dear Computer Lady,
Your newsletter is the best, and now I have a problem. I have lost my volume icon in Win 7.
I had recently changed it to show at all times on the taskbar, but now it is gone, and is not with the hidden icons.
Please help. Is there any other way to turn the volume up and down?
It sounds like your volume icon was turned off. Here is how to have it displayed again.
1. Click on, “Start” then click on “Control Panel”
2. In the Control Panel, click on “Appearance and Personalization”.
3. Click on, “Taskbar and Start Menu”. The “Taskbar and Start Menu Properties” dialog box will open.
4. Find the section labeled, “Notification Area” and click the “Customize” button.
5. At the bottom of the next window, you will see a text link that says, “Turn System Icons On or Off” Click on that link.
6. Find the “Volume” icon and use the drop down list to turn it back on.
7. Now, click the “OK” button in each window to save your changes and close the windows.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+