Dear Computer Lady,
I have a problem with my computer at the school where I work. Our OS is Windows 2000 Professional. All of a sudden all of my bookmarks as well as folders and files are underlined. The underlining itself doesn’t bother me but there are certain functions that no longer work. I don’t know how it turned on or how to turn it off. This did not happen to any other computers on the network. Would you have any ideas? I’ve never seen this in all my years of using PCs!
Thank you! Caroline
It sounds like a setting has been changed that makes all your icons single click instead of double click. I can tell you how to change it back in Windows XP, I am not sure if it is exactly the same in Windows 2000, but it will probably be about the same:
1. Right click on the “Start” button
2. In the Context menu that appears, click on “Explore”
3. In the window that opens, click on “Tools” in the menu bar.
4. In the “Tools” menu, click on “Folder Options”.
5. In the Folder Options window, click on the “General” tab.
6. Click to select “Double-click to open an item”
7. Click the “OK” button at the bottom of the window to save your changes and close the window.