Dear Computer Lady,
My Start Menu used to be across the bottom of my front page.
For some reason, recently it now shows up top to bottom on the right side of my screen.
Can you please tell me how to get it to run at the BOTTOM of the page, instead of the right side of my page?
Thank you in advance for helping me get my front page looking like it used to.
Normally, your taskbar is on the bottom of your desktop, but you can customize it to be on any side of the screen.
You can move the taskbar by dragging it to any side of your desktop, but an easier way is to follow these directions:
1. Right-click on a blank spot on the taskbar.
2. Click on “Properties” in the context menu.
3. In the Taskbar and Navigation Properties window, make sure the “Taskbar” tab is selected.
4. Find the drop-down list for “Taskbar location on screen: and select your desired position (bottom, left, right, or top)
5. Click the “OK” button at the bottom of the dialog box to save your changes and close the dialog box.
It’s Your Turn: What do you think?
…. Share your experience in the comments box below.
Elizabeth Boston is a Web designer, Social Media Consultant and managing editor of, “Ask The Computer Lady”.
Connect with Elizabeth on Google+